Sad looking girl

About the Helpline

The NSPCC Helpline is operated by professionally-qualified, paid members of staff who are carefully selected for their skills and experience.

You typically need a teaching, nursing or social work degree, or equivalent qualification, as well as experience working with vulnerable children.

You can however volunteer as a ChildLine counselor, switchboard operator, or administrator.

So, what age?

There is no minimum age, but all ChildLine volunteers are carefully selected, screened, and given extensive training where necessary (for example to volunteer as a counselor).

Learn more about children's charity the NSPCC

Tax exempt status of registered charities and online security

All of the charities listed on this website are registered with the Charity Commission in the United Kingdom. Like any business, charities have to submit Tax Returns to HM Revenue and Customs, but all donations are declared and the charities do not have to pay tax on them. This means all your donation to charity will help to further their vision and goals.

Registered charity numbers

Each charity's registered number can be seen prominently displayed on the bottom of their respective pages on this site and underneath their logos.

Please get in touch if you would like to ask us a question.

Is my donation to charity secure?

All donations, animal adoptions or child sponsorships are exempt from tax and carried out through secure encrypted connections.

Are my details safe?

Want2Donate do not know, nor hold any information about you. Any donation you make is between you and the charity you choose. Learn more in our Privacy Policy.